How to update hp printer driver software in Windows & MAC?
When it comes to an HP printer or any printer for that matter, it can be used to connect the printer to a device. For this, a suitable driver, based on the model name and the operating system should be downloaded. But, updates to the driver will be made by HP printers and therefore, the same has to be applied from time to time.
It is important to choose the right operating system, as the drivers will appear based on the operating system chosen. The below steps will assist in the process of updating the HP printer driver software for printers that are connected to a Windows device or a Mac device.
How to update an HP printer driver software for a Windows device?
The instructions that are given below will assist to complete updating the HP printer driver software that is connected to a Windows device.
- Power up the HP Printer and the Windows device.
- Makes sure there is an active connection. It should be stable and function without any issues.
- The printer and the device should be connected to the same wireless connection.
- Move over to the device and choose the Windows icon and key in Check for Updates.
- This will indicate if there is an available HP printer driver update. If there is an update available, complete the update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that pop up on the screen and complete the installation of the HP printer driver update.
- Make changes whenever need through the Update settings.
The same can be completed using the Device Manager on the HP Printer
- Press the Windows key on the device and open the Device Manager.
- From the list that appears, choose HP Printers and select the HP printer concerning the name of the printer.
- Right-click on the printer and a pop-up menu will appear.
- From the pop-up menu, select Update Driver. The same will also be in “Update Driver Software”.
- Select the option that indicates Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Allow the changes of the HP printer to complete the changes that should be made.
- Once the update is completed, restart the device and the printer driver will be updated.
Steps to update an HP printer driver software for a Mac device
Follow the below instructions to complete the update of the HP Printer driver. This will allow the printer driver to complete the changes that should be made for the printer to work effectively.
- Power up the HP printer and the Mac device.
- Move over to the Mac and locate the Apple icon that can be found at the left corner of the screen.
- On clicking this, choose System Preference and then click on Printers and Scanners.
- The next step requires the HP printer to be removed from the list.
- Click the – icon and the printer will be removed immediately.
- Then, choose the + icon once again and a list of all the available printers will appear. Choose the desired HP printer.
- Then choose Use Printer Software that is installed on the Mac. A pop-up menu will appear instructing you to choose the desired software.
- Make a selection and the HP printer driver for the Mac device will now be updated.
If you face issues while trying to update the HP printer that is connected to a Mac or a Windows device, then contact us for further assistance. Our team of experts will provide immediate guidance to complete updating the HP printer driver.