Scan Documents on a Canon Printer?
In this post, you will learn how to scan a document on a Canon printer. We will provide you with three different methods of scanning files. The instructions below are simple and easy to follow. There are a few settings and changes that have to be made to make sure the Canon printer successfully scans the documents that you need.
How to check that the Canon printer can scan?
Most Canon printers are all-in-one printers that allow the users to avail scan features. Through this, users can scan files and documents using the glass scanner or the automatic document feeder.
How to prepare the Canon printer for scanning a document?
The Canon printer must have an all-in-one printer driver previously installed on the device the printer is connected to. Either the device should have an all-in-one printer driver, or it should have a scan driver. In this manner, the user will be able to scan the files and have the file saved on a device.
Follow the below five steps to set up the Canon printer and keep it ready to scan.
- Power up the Canon printer and the device.
- Make sure the printer and the device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Lift the printer lid and check if the glass scanner is clear of any dust.
- Place the document on the scanner and make sure the document is aligned.
- Once the file has been placed on the scanner, close the lid.
How to Scan a Document on a Canon Printer?
We are listing out the top 3 methods that can be used to scan using the Canon printer. Follow the step by step process to complete the scanning of documents using a Canon printer.
Method 1: How to Scan on a Windows computer from a Canon printer?
These instructions will assist in the process of scanning a document on a Canon printer with a Windows device.
- Power up the Canon printer and the Windows device.
- Click the Windows icon on the keyboard and key in “Windows Fax and Scan”.
- This will allow a pop-up window to appear on the screen – Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click the New Scan button on the Windows device.
- This will cause a list of available printers to appear on the screen.
- Choose the desired Canon printer and click OK.
- Place the document on the glass scanner and make sure it is aligned properly.
- Select the drop-down box that appears and make the necessary settings.
- The settings that should be made are the formats. Choose the file type, JPEG, PDF or PNG files.
- Click Preview and Scan. The scanned file can be found in the Scanned Documents folder.
Method 2: How to Scan on Mac OS from a Canon Printer?
These steps will help you to scan files from a Canon printer to a Mac device. If you think the process is too complex, we have ensured that it is simply the process of scanning files from a Canon printer that is connected to a Mac device.
- Power up the Canon printer and the Mac device.
- Click the Apple icon on the Mac device and choose System Preference.
- Following this, select Printers and Scanners. On this screen, a list of available printers will be found.
- Choose the desired Canon printer from the list and choose Scan.
- Click Open the Scanner. Meanwhile, place the desired document on the glass scanner.
- Click Scan on the device and make the necessary changes to the device.
- Once Scan is clicked, then the scanned file will be found in the Scanned Documents folder.
Method 3: How do I scan a document from my Canon printer to an Ipad?
Here are the steps that will assist you in the process of scanning a document file to an Ipad.
- To complete this process, an application will have to be downloaded and installed on the device.
- Download the SELPHY app on the Ipad. Alternatively, you can choose the Canon Print Inkjet on the iPad or other alternative Apple devices.
- Once the download is complete the Canon printer can be connected to the Apple device through the downloaded application.
- The printer and the iPad should be connected to the same wireless connection.
- Place the desired document on the glass scanner and make the necessary changes.
- Once the alignment and the format have been chosen, click scan and the file can be directly accessed through the scan application.
The three different methods listed above are three different methods that can be used to scan files to a Windows, Mac, and iPad. If you are facing issues in using the Canon printer as a scanner, you have the option of contacting us. We will be able to assist you in the process of connecting the Canon printer to a device to use the scan feature.