HP Deskjet 2742e printer back online?
The printer offline error is a common issue that takes place and it can happen with any printer. When it comes to the HP Deskjet 2742e printer, there are a few steps that should be followed to resolve the printer’s offline issues.
To assist the HP Deskjet 2742e user, we have added a few simple instructions that should be followed to eliminate the issues with the printer and to bring it back online. Or, you have the option of contacting us to assist in troubleshooting the HP Deskjet 2742e printer and bring it back online. Follow the below steps as a measure to resolve the issues with the HP Deskjet 2742e printer and bring it online.
- Power up the HP Deskjet 2742e printer and the device it is connected to.
- Check if all the cables connecting the printer and the device are intact.
- The HP Deskjet 2742e printer and the device should be connected to a wireless connection.
- The wireless connection should be active and stable.
- The printer and the device should be connected to the same wireless connection.
- If all these steps are followed and there is no issue with the above, proceed further.
Restart the HP Deskjet 2742e printer
- While the printer is powered up, remove the power cord.
- The power cord should be removed from the rear end of the printer.
- Then the power cord should be removed from the power supply.
- Once the HP Deskjet 2742e power shuts down, allow the printer to remain idle.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer and power it up.
- Check if the issues remain and there is an indication the printer is offline.
Check the wireless connection
- The HP Deskjet 2742e printer should be connected to an active wireless connection.
- The wireless connection should be stable and it should be functioning at the right speed.
- To ensure there are no hidden errors restart the wireless connection.
- Move to the wireless router and press and hold down the power button from the end.
- Allow the router to remain idle for a few minutes and power it back up.
- After a few minutes power the router back up and wait for the LED lights to come on.
- Connect the HP Deskjet 2742e printer back to the wireless connection and check.
Check the driver
As a final measure, ensure that the HP Deskjet 2742e printer driver is updated. If there is an update available complete it at once and check. Complete the same for the device that is connected to the printer as well.
If there are further issues that you face with the printer, contact us for further assistance.