What is the WPS pin for the Envy 5640 printer?
The WPS Pin is always unique, numeric, and is like a One Time Password. It generates automatically by the HP Envy 5640 printer when the wireless setup process begins. The pin consists of 8 digits and helps in connecting the Envy 5640 printer and computer wirelessly. WPS Pin is one of the safest methods for connecting the computer to the Envy printer using a wireless network.
Where is the WPS pin on the Envy 5640 printer?
Here is the procedure to find the WPS pin on the HP Envy 5640 printer:
- To begin with, switch ON the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Make sure that the printer has no problem and access its control panel.
- Select the Setup menu and tap the network setup option.
- Now, take a print of your printer’s Network Configuration page.
- Once you get the print, you will get the information about the network settings of the HP printer.
- The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) code will appear on the Envy 5640 printer.
What is the WPS button on Envy 5640?
WPS button is another method for HP Envy 5640 wireless network setup. The WPS button activates the Wi-Fi Protected Setup mode on the HP 5640 printer. It helps in making a connection between the printer and wireless router wirelessly. For this, your printer and wireless router should have a WPS button. Additionally, for wireless network setup, a stable Wi-Fi network is necessary.
How do I connect my Envy 5640 to wireless using a WPS pin?
Connecting the HP Envy 5640 printer to the wifi network via WPS pin is a simple process. The standard instructions to connect the HP Envy 5640 to the Wi-Fi network using the WPS pin are:
- Initially, switch ON the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Ensure the printer has no issues and access its control panel.
- Move on to the Connection section and select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- Now, the WPS setup process begins on the Envy printer.
- The 8-digit WPS pin will appear on the HP printer.
- Copy the pin and power up the Windows or Mac computer.
- Enter the pin when the wizard asks and proceed with the on-screen steps.
- Complete the process. Now, the Mac or Windows computer and HP 5640 printer are wirelessly connected.
- Access the paper tray of the printer and load compatible papers into it.
- Open a page on the computer and print it as a sample.
How do I connect my Envy 5640 to wireless using the WPS push button?
Making a connection between the wireless network and HP 5640 printer via the WPS push button is easy. For this, you need an active wireless network. The simple procedure for connecting the Envy printer to the Wi-Fi network via the WPS push button is:
- To begin with, power up the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Check the printer thoroughly and ensure it has no faults.
- Then, access the printer control panel and choose the Setup menu.
- Select the given option- Wi-Fi Protected Setup to continue with the process.
- After that, press the WPS button for activating the WPS mode.
- Now, the Wi-Fi Protected Setup mode will get properly activated on the printer.
- Push the WPS button of the router within two minutes.
- The Envy 5640 printer and router will get wirelessly connected.
- Next, open the printer paper tray.
- Take a bunch of suitable sheets and place them properly on the tray.
- Close the tray and open a document on the computer connected to the printer.
- Take a print of the document to confirm the proper wireless setup.