How to fix Canon Printer Offline issue
Canon printers sometimes become offline while printing from the Mac computer. If you come across this problem, you don’t have to worry. You can resolve this problem easily and quickly with a standard set of procedures. The standard set of procedures for bringing back the Canon printer to offline mode is here. However, before that, let’s check out the reason behind why the Canon printer is becoming offline.
Why the Canon printer shows an offline error while using the Mac device?
There are several reasons why the Canon printer becomes offline. Some of them are:
- Outdated Canon printer driver
- Change in the password of the wireless router
- The improper connection between the Canon printer and Mac computer
- The printer lost the connection to the Wi-Fi network
Corrupted printer software
Methods to bring back the Canon printer to online mode on the Mac device
Making a connection between the Canon printer and Mac device is possible in two ways. One is through a USB cable and the other is through a Wi-Fi network. No matter whether the printer and computer are wirelessly connected or connected using a USB cable, you will get the method to solve the printer offline problem.
The steps for resolving the printer offline problem when the Mac device and printer are wirelessly connected are:
- To start with, reboot the Canon printer.
- Then, move on to the Mac computer and choose the Apple symbol.
- Choose- System Preferences and select- Printers and Scanners.
- Uninstall the printer from the computer and power up the printer.
- Connect the printer to the wireless router with a Wi-Fi network.
- Then, delete the Canon printer drivers from the computer.
- Search and download the printer driver suitable for the Mac OS version.
- Run the Canon printer driver file and proceed with the on-screen steps.
- Finish the installation and select the Apple symbol again.
- Select- System Preferences and click- Printers and Scanners.
- Select the plus icon and add your Canon printer to the device as per the wizard steps.
The procedure for fixing the Canon printer offline issue if the Mac device and printer are in connection via a UBS cable is:
- Reboot the Canon printer and move on to the Mac device.
- Access the Printers and Scanners section on the computer.
- Uninstall the printer and its drivers from the computer.
- Remove the USB cord connected to the Mac device and printer.
- Find the compatible Canon printer driver and download it on the computer.
- Open the driver file and continue with the on-screen procedure.
- Complete the driver installation and restart the printer.
- Connect the printer to the Mac device using a USB cable.
- Access the section- Printers and Scanners and select the add button.
- Finally, add the desired printer using the on-screen instructions.
If still the Canon printer is not becoming online, then call us. We have an expert technical team to assist you with the necessary guidance.