How do I fix the Canon printer driver is unavailable in Windows 11?
If you find a “printer driver unavailable” error, follow the steps to fix the printer problem. Check if the problem is because of a corrupted or old driver in your PC. Following are some of the fixes to resolve the Canon printer driver problem:
Listed below are some of the solutions to resolve the Canon printer driver problem:
- Check your Canon printer for both software and hardware printer problems.
- Now, disconnect and reconnect your Canon printer to the PC.
- Reboot your PC and assign a test print task. Check the reliability of your printer and continue to print.
Else, follow the below fixes to keep your printer and driver error-free.
Fix 1: Uninstall the Canon Printer Drivers
- Go to the Windows menu and tap on the control panel settings.
- Choose the devices menu and click on the Canon printer model.
- Now, right-click on the printer and choose the removable device icon.
- This process will remove the Canon printer from your PC. Click ok and reboot your PC to continue.
- Go to the device manager menu and click the printer software icon.
- Choose all the corrupted Canon drivers and tap on the uninstall icon.
- Now, affix your PC and the Canon printer to Wi-Fi and continue to print.
Fix 2: Install the latest Canon printer driver software:
- Go to an official Canon website and tap on your Canon printer model.
- Tap on the driver icon and get a list of available Canon drivers.
- Choose a compatible driver and tap on the download button.
- Open a driver installer and carry out the Canon printer driver setup steps.
- Pick a network type and wait for the Canon printer driver to install.
- Also, affix your PC and the Canon printer to continue to print with no hassles.
Fix 3: Enable the auto Canon printer driver updater:
- Go to the Windows settings and tap on the device manager menu.
- Now, choose the printer button and view a list of connected printers.
- Choose your printer model and right-click on it to view the menus.
- Tap on the auto driver updater icon and wait for some time.
- Your PC will now search for the latest driver and install the driver files.
- Allow all the driver terms and affix your PC to the Canon printer.
- Assign a print task and check if the installed Canon printer driver is the latest.
Fix 4: Set your Canon printer as the default
- Go to the device manager to find your Canon printer model.
- Right-click on your printer and set your printer as the default printer.
- Now, reboot your printer and continue to assign a test print task.
These steps will help you resolve the Canon printer driver problems at ease.