One of the common issues it faces now and then is the Brother printer won’t print. This could have possibly happened just when you need to take an urgent printer out.
The solution is to fix the error and continue to use the Brother printer without any hassle.
If you need assistance to remove this issue contact us. Our experts will be able to get the Brother printer to print again.
Why is the Brother printer not printing?
Some of the common issues that are behind why the printer is not printing may be outdated printer driver, connectivity issues, the printer being out of ink or paper or connectivity issues. The key here is to understand how these issues can be resolved. To be able to provide the assistance we have added a few steps that can be completed.
Step 1: Check connection
- The printer must be connected to a wireless connection.
- For this, perform a quick check to ensure the printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Check if the wireless network is active and it indicates it is online.
- The connection should not only be active, it should be stable and functioning at the right speed.
- To remove any underlying issue, reset the wireless connection’s router.
- Once it is turned back on, power up the router and establish a connection with the printer and the driver.
Step 2: Brother printer should be the default printer
- Changes to this could occur if other devices have been added to the device.
- This could cause the brother printer settings to shift.
- To make sure it is set as the default printer, click the Windows key and open the Settings app.
- In the settings app, choose the Control Panel and Printers & Scanners.
- Locate the Brother printer and right-click.
- Choose Set as Default. This will allow the printer to connect back to the device and function without any issue.
Step 3: Restart Print Spooler Service
- Move over to the device that the printer is connected to and open the Service app.
- This will redirect you to a listing service. Scroll down and choose Print Spooler.
- Right-click Print spooler and click Restart.
- Choose properties and select the startup type to Automatic.
- On clicking OK the changes will be applied.
The other checks and changes that should be completed are:
- Update the Brother printer driver.
- Update the device software.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
If there seems to be an issue with the printer even after all the above changes have been applied, then contact us. Our team of experts will be able to provide you with assistance to fix the Brother printer issue.